Interesting (一手, Itte) is the sixth episode of the No Game No Life (Series) anime series. It first aired in Japan on May 14, 2014 on AT-X, and later on May 16, 2014 on other networks.
The following characters are listed by the order which they appear in.
- Major characters
Note: no minor characters appeared in this episode.
For games, the challenger is listed before the challenged party.
- Materialization Shiritori match between the siblings and Jibril
- Result: The siblings win
- Jibril pledges allegiance to Sora and Shiro
Key differences from light novel
In the light novel, Jibril is not the one who offered her everything in the bet. Her offer was to return to Avant Heim and conquer the entire Flügel race to offer as her bet, but Sora noted that since it would take a few hundred years, Jibril's everything would be enough as the bet.
- The episode title's katakana has a different meaning from its kanji. The katakana (インタレスチング) reads 'interesting', while the kanji (一手) can be read literally as 'one hand' but has a figurative meaning of 'one (game) move'.
- 'Interesting' in chess terms in Japanese refers to an unexpected move.
- The tablet which Jibril drooled on greatly resembles an iPad.
- The first term used by Jibril in this episode's Shiritori, Ku-ri anse (Number four ninth protection spell) (クーリ・アンセ 【九遠第四加護】), was slightly misspelled. It should have been spelt as Ku- ri anse (Number four distant protection spell) (クー・リ・アンセ 【久遠第四加護】).
- In episode 6, right after the end credits (or most of the dialogue of the next episode preview), Sora references Elder Scrolls V; Skyrim, where the town guards have repetitive stock lines which became rather (in)famous, "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee." It later becoming a memetic mutation, "I used to X [like you], then I took an arrow to the knee." He [Sora] replaces the 'X' in the previous quoted text with 'be a gamer'. Stephanie also uses the "Stahp" meme.
- During the Materialization Shitori game a blue gorilla with a ring can be seen in the background, this heavily reassembles the meme Dankey Kang.