— Emir-Eins, Light Novel Volume 9
Ec001Bf9Ö48a2, nicknamed Emir-Eins (イミルアイン) or Ymirein (fan translation) is a female Ex-Machina cluster unit who was responsible for cluster ‘E’. After meeting Sora alongside her superior Einzig, she believed him to be "Spieler", the man who allowed Ex-Machina to experience emotions and fell in love with him. After being beaten by Sora, she decides to follow him for the rest of her years.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
She has short, bobbed hair that is a rosy-pink at the top and goes to dark blue with sea green tips. She has a mechanical gear-like object fastened on the left side of her head, resembling a hair accessory. She wears a white choker with thin black borders held by a golden fastener. Emir-Eins' eyes have white pupils and her irises go from light sea green to light sky blue at the bottom. Her lashes are a crimson red.
Emir-Eins wears a revealing dark blue maid outfit. The dress starts from her neck forming a V shape with white lace at the ends. At the end are 4 circular metal decorations, the bottom two holding two light silver ribbon-like accessories. On her waist is a white belt very much like her choker, but has pink and white petal decorations hanging above and around it. Below it is a few bits of the top part of her outfit that resemble trigonal petals.
She wears a frilly lace apron on top of the bottom of her dress. The exterior of her dress is still dark blue, but underneath the dress are triangular frills that range from light pastel indigo to blue frills with green cybernetic digital patterns on them.
Her right stocking is white and the other is pastel sea green, both with the same cybernetic digital designs displayed on the interior of her dress. She has two wire-like tails, one curled around her left leg.
Personality[edit | edit source]
She is an oddball among the Ex-Machina, often acting against orders, interpreting things in her own favor and was seen forcefully removing Einzig from command in multiple occasions.
She is in love with Sora and believes herself to be his bride. She spends most of her time somewhat monotone, only breaking out when wanting to impress Sora. During her introduction, she revealed herself to be a yandere when Sora believed her to be more logical than Einzig, threatening Sora to "mate" with her, otherwise she would commit suicide. The perceptive Sora predicted that if he failed the Ex-Machina hard-lock, Emir-Eins would have launched a suicidal rampage on him or other victims.
Another yandere trait she displayed is the habit of tracing Sora with the usage of cloaking technology, much to the latter's annoyance.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Strengths[edit | edit source]
Like other Ex-Machina, she is able to assess a situation and react accordingly at blazing speeds. She does not require sleep nor any need to eat as she utilizes two live cables to connect to the Elemental Gallery as her power source. She has super strength, resilience, longevity (compared to other races lifespans), senses, and other average Ex-Machina abilities.
She is also capable of using Lösen to create weapons from the vast arsenal of Ex-Machina, including everything from optical camouflage to spells of mass destruction. Finally, it is assumed that she is capable of engaging in the 251 algorithm, entitled Alles-Lösen, a last-stand algorithm used to combat unknown foes. She claimed that she's capable of defeating Jibril on her own, although this claim could not be verified due to the Ten Covenants.
As a Befehler unit, she has the authority to override Einzig's command during certain conditions, which was seen multiple times in Volume 9.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
She doesn't have nearly as deep a reserve of magical essence compared to the Flügel, whose magical capabilities are far beyond that of just about any Ex-Machina.
After the events of Volume 9, she severed her connection with the cluster, resulting in her computing power reduced to 32% of original and limited access of arsenal for Lösen.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- She is one of the 5 surviving units out of the 11 clusters (4807 units) tasked to sacrifice themselves in order to create the Stalemartyr (Planet Killer) for Riku.
- During the game between the Ex-Machina & Sora, Emir-Eins pulled a stunt of being Sora's wife & bride, stating that Sora had merely forgotten due to amnesia. This was immediately proven false by both the Ex-Machina & Sora.
- According to herself, she has 6 more years left until she shuts down.
- She is often at odds with Jibril due to the overlap of their roles (servant) and the fact that both of them harbor feelings towards Sora.
- Her name, Emir-Eins, is derived from her designation "Alt Emir Cluster Befehler 1" (Former Emir Cluster Commanding Unit #1), in which "Ein" is "1" in German.
- Schwi had similarly referred to her cluster commander as "Über-Eins" during her attempt to reconnect.
- Despite thinking that Emir-Eins' number is too complicated for names and nicknaming her himself, Sora can perfectly recite her number as Shiro confirmed it with her genius-level memory.
- Until Volume 9's official English debut, according to the official translation of No Game No Life, Desu! her name is Emir-Eins, in the next text box one of the writers states they wanted to use her for the series, but Desu! stops before Volume 9, in this statement they refer to her as Emiko.